This blog has been designed to help people learn about effective, simple treatments for attention deficit disorder, autism, auditory processing disorders, dyslexia, and even challenges learning a new language.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

A True Story: Like Clockwork

Several years ago, I conducted AIT for my secretary's son. It was wonderfully successful; my secretary reported that her son was much more social than in the past, happier, easier to get along with, did what he was told at home and at school much quicker and without complaints. She didn't notice any temporary side effects during or after AIT.

About 5 weeks after we finished, I was speaking to a new client on the phone about AIT. When she asked if there were side effects, I explained to her about the predictable "rough spots" after AIT -- those one or two days when children are often irritable and out of sorts that crop up one week, one month, and 3 months after AIT is completed.

When I finished my conversation, my secretary turned to me and said, "I heard what you said to her and I forgot all about that! My son was in a really bad mood, one day last week. He was just angry at everyone, and he couldn't explain why. It was all the more noticeable because he hadn't been that way since the AIT -- it used to be a regular occurrence, but I hadn't seen him in such a foul mood in ages." We looked at the calendar and guess what we found.... That day was exactly one month after he finished his AIT!

It really is like clockwork!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home